Saturday, July 25, 2009

Monopoly the....movie?

I read in an issue of Maxim magazine that director Ridley Scott is going to be making a movie based on the board game Monopoly. Seriously, Monopoly? There has got to be a better subject for a movie than a board game, and not even a really good board game to boot. Don't get me wrong, I like playing it, if there are enough people to play, but it's not one of my favorites. Either Mr. Scott has run out of ideas for films, or he's low on money and is just trying to make a quick buck with a crappy idea. And since it's Ridley Scott pitching the idea, who would say no? Apparently it's going into production in around nine months. I really wonder if they are going to have the character from the game in there as well. I also wonder who they would get to play him. I also wonder who in their right mind would go and see a movie like that.

Honestly, there's got to be better subject matter to make a feature film about. C'mon Ridley, dig harder next time.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about this a few days ago as well.

    I'm also pretty damn sceptical about it. Even given the Ridley Scott factor, I'm not looking forward to it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MIGHT rent it. But only after hearing what others think of it, critical acclaim, etc. Again though, it's a pretty big might.

    ReplyDelete