Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blah.

You know, sometimes I really do like the amount of free time that comes with being on SSDI and not having a job due to a disability - I really do. However, a good portion of that time is spent just sitting with my laptop on my lap (NOW I understand why they're called laptops!) and just browsing the internets, visiting my usual spots, which I will leave links to at the end of this post. I want to go out and do something with the copious amount of time I have, but I have one friend that's getting married (I'll never see him again after the wedding), another that's working to become a teacher, and another living in Texas now. So yeah, everyone is usually busy half the time. Another reason I don't go out that much is all due to the fact that the town I live in is completely and utterly BORING. We have just around three bars, and a bowling alley that I wouldn't step a foot into if I was paid for it. I'd go bar hopping if I could actually drink alcohol without worrying if I'm going to wind up in the hospital getting my stomach pumped. That's a big down-side to being on prescribed pain killers, especially morphine. There's litterally NOTHING to do in this town when it comes to the night life. I'm a night owl, I usually cannot sleep at all until around sun-up. That, of course, leaves me with a very limited amount of things I can actually do at night. I could go someplace else with some friends, but even if we did go out and do something, we'd wind up calling it a night at midnight. Again, leaving me with exactly nothing to do.

So yet again, here I am, sitting at home at 6:08 AM when other sane creatures are still sleeping, writing in my blog. I pretty much did nothing at all today, yet again. The highlight of my day was going out to buy a pack of Camel Wides and then go to Acme and pick up my mother's pills. I really hope that my friends can hang out soon, otherwise I might just bash my head into these same four walls I've come so accustomed to over the past few years. Here's hoping I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. You're a baseball fan, aren't you? Or football?

    Either way, could you go to a few games? Really get into supporting one of your local teams, maybe join forums centred around those teams, meet new people (online) and maybe organise to attend IRL catch-ups, fan days, things like that.

    I think having so much time to yourself presents a great opportunity to really get into something -- anything. I know you have the Star Wars collecting thing, but something that'll get you out of the house a bit more would also be good, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm a football fan. Only problem is they are the Philadelphia Eagles. Philadelphia is a bit of a drive, and Philadelphia drivers are notorious for being bat-shit insane, and I don't feel suicidal. :) Your other examples are pretty cool though, I think I might have to look into them.

    ReplyDelete