Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting Caught Up

It's been a little bit since I've updated this blog. I'm trying to keep up with it, but I've also got two others on two different websites to try and keep up with, so it's.....trying to say the least. Anyway, I haven't been up to much as of late, just hanging out with friends and so on. My best friend Jason got married last month. I was the best man, so I held onto his wife's ring during the ceremony and all that jazz. It was a pretty damn good time that night. I was a little nervous about the reception because I had to make a toast, being best man and all. I had planned to throw a little funny joke in there beforehand, but when the mike was handed to me, I just thought "Screw it" and made a toast on the spot, from the heart. All in all it went over well, and I was quite proud of myself afterward. Not much else had happened on the personal front, like I said, just hanging out with friends and all. I'm going to start looking for a job here soon, through Social Security Disability Insurance. They have some programs to help people find jobs, which is good considering I could use one. Thirteen hundred dollars a month is definitely not going to go far if I want to move out any time soon. One of the stipulations of getting a job though is that after a certain amount of time at that job they will discontinue my benefits. I'm relatively certain though that it's a long bit of time before they do that, and hopefully if that happens, I would've qualified for benefits at whatever job I was working at, so it shouldn't be too much of a loss. A plus in getting a job besides the obvious extra money inflow, is getting me out of the house and actually doing something besides trying to fight extreme boredom. That should be good, really good. So that's that then, I'm all caught up to the present. Until later then.

No comments:

Post a Comment